5th Annual R&D & Design Leaders India Summit 2022
Many industrial manufacturing companies aim to differentiate themselves primarily through innovative products in preference to advantages on cost or other considerations. R&D plays a business-critical role for such companies and is considered an important part of the operations. The intense competition generated by globalization has made it imperative for companies to invest in R&D. Companies the world over have realized that India is an attractive location for R&D centres due to its diverse intellectual capital, frugal innovation advantage, availability of a low-cost R&D talent pool, conducive IPR policy, startup ecosystem, progressive policy environment, robust academic and infrastructure.
Not only this, India's investments in R&D annually are at USD 48 billion, this makes India become the world's 7th largest annual R&D spending country and is aiming to grow at a CAGR of 12-13% to reach USD 63 billion by 2025. India spends nearly 0.7% of its GDP on R&D, the experts emphasize to govt to raise the spending to 1% and are anticipating growing to 2.4% of the country's GDP by 2034. The major contribution comes from the private sector which is about 37% and it is estimated that this sector will double the spending in the next few years on R&D.
With this market outlook, the future of R&D is promising and what matters is that companies must be ready to cope and be abreast of the needs and demands. Many manufacturing heads want to have a greater say in, and control, the activities, and costs of their R&D departments to retain their edge in the market. They also feel the need for better systems to enable seamless information exchanges and collaboration across R&D, manufacturing, and other business groups. Otherwise, R&D will not be focused on the business goals of the organization and may become directionless.
Inventicon's R&D & Design Leaders India Summit 2022 brings the right mix of experts from the discrete industry to share their perspectives, and thoughts, and exchange dialogues on R&D. Share ideas on design & development, innovative approach, technology that have been executed, and how it enabled them to move from manufacturing to real-time enterprise solutions to add value. We also hope that this turns out to be a unique networking opportunity for industry leaders to improve upon their R&D & design development strategy.
Engineering Director - R&D
Medtronic Engineering and Innovation Centre
Simon India Technical Services Pvt. Ltd.
Dr. Kingshuk Banerjee
Director & Head
Hitachi R&D Centre India
Dr. Senthil Raja
Chief Researcher of Speech
Hitachi India R&D Centre
R&D Head and Technical Director
BTL India Pvt. Ltd.
Joe Varghese John
Head - R&D and QA
Sicame India Connectors Pvt Ltd.
Head of Innovation - Corporate Technologies
Crompton Greaves Consumer Electricals Ltd.
Director-Quality, APAC India R&D
Boston Scientific Technology Engineering Services Pvt. Ltd.
Nandagopal K Vaidya
Sr.GM- Head of Vehicle Attributes and Technical Services
TATA Motors Passenger Vehicles Ltd.
Vice President R&D
Somany Home Innovation Ltd.
Head of Functions and System Engineering
Mahindra EV Technology Centre
Head - Product Design & Development
Wipro Consumer Care & Lighting
Sathish Kumar SM
Head - Product Engineering (Blades)
Senvion India Pvt. Ltd.
Vice President Design - Styling
Ashok Leyland Technical Centre
Satish Chandra JE
Vice President - Renal Care Systems & Hardware and Head Baxter R&D India
Baxter Innovations and Business Solutions Pvt. Ltd.
Head of R&D & Innovation - Appliance
Crompton Experience and Innovation Centre
Hitachi India R&D Centre
Head R&D Centre
Vice President - Operations, Product Development and Quality
Toyoda Gosei South India Pvt. Ltd.
Vijay S Pawar
Project Leader & Operations - Cooling, Emerging Markets-India
BSH Household Appliances Manufacturing Pvt. Ltd
KEY TOPICS OF DISCUSSION
- Tapping into R&D and design leadership vision: Envision the future to propose ideal products
- R&D efforts for new products and technology development for automotive application
- Smart Digital R&D labs for continuous improvements to boost innovations.
- An overview of sustainability indicators and metrics for discrete part manufacturing
- Innovation, IP protection, and time-to-market for new product designs
- Facing the globally competitive environment characterized by uncertainty, dynamism, and volatility, why technological learning plays an important role in firms' competitive success?
WHY SHOULD YOU ATTEND?
- To network and leverage strategic business information and tangible, practical insights
- To exchange dialogues and why to digitalize innovation
- Opportunities to network with your peers and share experiences and knowledge
- To share perspectives about integrated aspects of R&D and design, discuss challenges, and deliberate on ideas, trends, and concerns in theory and practice.
- A closer look at leading and most innovative companies in your sector
- Opportunity to interact with other thought leaders, hence widening your scope of network
- To understand what solution providers, offer to ease your R&D and design aspects
- R&D and Design Leadership
WHO WILL YOU MEET?
- Research and Development
- R&D Technology Innovation
- Product Design & Development
- New product development
- Innovation Management; Innovation Excellence
- Product Innovation
- R&D Centre
- Map out the latest emerging strategies that will help your R&D professionals reach the next level
- Leveraging technology to transform your R&D function
- Streamlining R&D operations to foster quality and growth
- Selecting right tools to transform your R&D function
- Best practices for managing inconsistencies & design errors